DataStage 7.5.2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage 7.5.2

Post by ccatania »

I had heard that there could be some loss in DataStage functionality when sites upgraded to DS 7.5.2. My site is running on AIX with a Teradata Database. Has anyone heard of or experience any problems with this next version. Also is 7.5.2 a SP or an upgrade??
Thanks,
Charlie
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

We are running DS 7.5.2 on AIX 5.3 64-bit against DB2 v8.2.x (64-bit) and Teradata V2R6.1 and have not had any issues or loss of functionality.

When you heard 'loss of functionality', was there any explanation as to what was lost?

Brad.
djoni
Participant

Re: DataStage 7.5.2

Post by djoni »

Does anybody know where we can get a list 'what's new' in 7.5.2 ?
djoni
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

If you have the documentation, the Install and Upgrade Guide has a section called 'What's New in DataStage' and it appears to cover that information.

Brad.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: DataStage 7.5.2

Post by ray.wurlod »

ccatania wrote:I had heard that there could be some loss in DataStage functionality when sites upgraded to DS 7.5.2.
Where? Please advise your source (so we can weight its reliability in our minds), and any further information that may have been imparted, such as what particular loss.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bmadhav
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by bmadhav »

When was DataStage 7.5.2 for AIX released? When i spoke to IBM a few days ago they told me that 7.5.2 for AIX platform is not yet released?
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

bcarlson wrote:We are running DS 7.5.2 on AIX 5.3 64-bit against DB2 v8.2.x (64-bit) and Teradata V2R6.1 and have not had any issues or loss of functionality.
Oops, my bad. We are on 7.5.1A. Sorry about that.

Brad.