Running a Parallel job on Win XP server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sairamkrish
Participant

Running a Parallel job on Win XP server

Post by sairamkrish »

Hi,

As roy pointed out in other topic that a parallel job can be run only in DS 7.5.x2. I tried running a parallel job in my server (DS 7.5.2 on WinXP) but got a message that not runnable in this platform. Would like to know the exact release which would allow a parallel job to be run on Win XP.

Thanks
Krishna
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The version number is 7.5x2, not 7.5.2. The "x" is specifically part of the version number. Version 7.5x2 is currently the only version that supports compilation and execution of parallel jobs on the Windows platform. Version 7.5.2 is not the same thing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kiran_418
Participant

Post by kiran_418 »

I got a DS 7.5.2 installed on windows machine and it compiles and runs.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

No, 7.5x2 is the only EE can be run on the Windows platform. Please check the version from your Administrator client.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Server jobs will compile and run on Windows with 7.5.2. Parallel jobs will not. Here's a challenge for kiran_418 - post the first ("job starting") event from your successful job's log, so that we can see whether it's a server job or a parallel job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kiran_418
Participant

Post by kiran_418 »

I got enterprise edition installed on windows xp machine.Its 7.5 x2 edition.

sorry Its my bad.
sairamkrish
Participant

Post by sairamkrish »

kiran_418 wrote:I got enterprise edition installed on windows xp machine.Its 7.5 x2 edition.

sorry Its my bad.
Could anyone please tell me from where i could download the software DS 7.5 x2 edition.

Thanks
krish
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You will have to do it through IBM-Ascential support and have a valid serial number or evaluation agreement with IBM. They can send you the software on CD or DVD or they might be able to set up an ftp link. This is not like DB2 Express with a free version or even like Sunopsis with an evaluation version, there is no public download available.