Difference in Sequential file for Server and Parallel editio

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

spendem
Participant

Difference in Sequential file for Server and Parallel editio

Post by spendem »

Hi All,

What is difference for the sequential file used in server edition and parallel edition?

Since when I m FTP ing a sequential file from parallel job I could ftp the data before the space character appears i.e the data after the space charaters is not getting ftpied, and wherein the same file if I ftp using the server job I am able to ftp the complete file with proper data.

Can anyone tell me what could be reason for it?

I m pretty confused on this difference
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It seems the difference isn't in the sequential file but in how you are using the FTP stage. Check your EE FTP stage defnitions, most likely you are defining the space character as a special one (delimiter,escape or the like) and this is causing the file to be reformatted.
spendem
Participant

Post by spendem »

Hi,
Thanks for your response, I am using FTP plugin and in the properties option I left the space between column has blank and column delimeter as , The input file has only one single column of fixed width length 250 and when I m trying to ftp the same file using parallel job I am not able to ftp the complete file.

Is there something I am missing the properties option?

Many Thanks,
spendem
dashpriya
Participant

Re: Difference in Sequential file for Server and Parallel ed

Post by dashpriya »

Hi anyone working on MVS datastage 7.5.1

Plz let me know.....
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Dashpriya - please post a new thread, since your question has nothing to do with the contents of this one.

If you have only one column then the delimiter shouldn't make a difference. Can you write to a sequential file as a test to make sure that the problem truly lies in the FTP stage?