how to avoid import warning at sequential stage?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nripendra Chand
Premium Member
Premium Member

how to avoid import warning at sequential stage?

Post by Nripendra Chand »

Hi,

One of my job is reading data using sequential stage. It's giving warning msg for 110617th row. Msg is as follows:
"fsqCIIDeltared,0: Delimiter for field "LCPT_RES1_STR" not found; input: {1 0 8 4 0 20 C A M A R I L L O 20 S T 0d}, at offset: 64"
"fsqCIIDeltared,0: Import warning at record 110617."
"fsqCIIDeltared,0: Import unsuccessful at record 110617"

But when I put this particular row in temp file and execute the same job for this. Job doesn't give this msg this time.
If someone has faced this kind of issue, please tell me.

-Nripendra
ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ccatania »

I have run across this problem with Decimal fields. I changed it to the Double SQL type, and the warning was gone.
Charlie
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The raw data reported in the error message has 0x0d as its final character. This is a line feed, which probably means that you have specified the wrong termination character in your stage properties, or that there is a line feed character (or short row) in your data. "Putting it in a temp file" has probably dropped the line feed character.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.