teradata enterprise

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

donny
Premium Member
Premium Member

teradata enterprise

Post by donny »

hi guys
i tried using teradata enterprise stage inside my datastage PX job but i get error message
<tablename>invalid argument : -db_cs

can any one help me fix this error
also iam not able to see teradata API stage inside my datastage PX designer , this is another issue

waiting for response

thanks
donny
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have you been through all the teradata setup steps from the Install and Upgrade Guide? It might be a missing dsenv value.

You might find the Teradata API if you open your Designer repository and from the right mouse click menu display stage types, browse through the parallel stage types the missing stage and add the shortcut to your Designer.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

1 - Teradata Enterprise
What parameters or options are you setting in this stage? Could use a little more information.

2 - Teradata API

Word of warning, everyone I have talked to (including IBM/Ascential and Teradata) recommends using the Enterprise stage instead of the API stage - better supported and better performance.

That aside, I think the API stage has to be installed separately. Check with your DS admin to see if it was installed. If it has, then you may need to explicitly add it to your pallete. I know I had to do it manually, it did not automatically appear in my pallete.

Within your project (in Designer or Manager), open the following 'directory tree' - Stage Types/Parallel/Database. You should see a list of all of the database stages that have been installed on your system. If you right click on one, there is an option for 'Add to pallete'. Do this for any Teradata stages that may be missing from your pallete.

Brad.