Reading LONG datatype from ORACLE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sonia jacob
Participant

Reading LONG datatype from ORACLE

Post by sonia jacob »

Hi,

I need to retrieve data from a column with LONG datatype. I tried the suggestions in the forum like used varbinary. But I get the following error

main_program: Internal Error: (colDesc):orautils.C: 1714: getColDesc failed.
Traceback: Could not obtain stack trace; check that 'dbx' and 'sed' are installed and on your PATH

I also checked the dsenv for environment variables. An entry is available for "sed" and I found the same under the same path. But I could not find an entry for "dbx". I also see that this has been reported as a Datastage bug. Is there a patch available for the same now?

Is there a work around to retrieve this data from oracle, CAST, SUBSTR did not work.
Regards
Sonia Jacob
anntaylor
Participant

Post by anntaylor »

Sonia,
Did you ever find an answer to this issue? I am currently running into the same problem.
ThilSe
Participant

Post by ThilSe »

Hi,

I am also facing the same error in one of my jobs when trying to ine=sert data into target DB2 table..
DB2_UDB_Enterprise_26,0: Internal Error: (group_.exportSize() <= dbquery->dataBufLength()): db2writeop.C: 985
Traceback: Could not obtain stack trace; check that 'dbx' and 'sed' are installed and on your PATH
Environment:
DS Px7.5
DB2 UDB 8.2
Aix 5

Other jobs inserting records into the same database are working fine

I appreciate your guidance in this regard

Thanks
Senthil
ThilSe
Participant

Post by ThilSe »

ThilSe wrote:Hi,

I am also facing the same error in one of my jobs when trying to ine=sert data into target DB2 table..
DB2_UDB_Enterprise_26,0: Internal Error: (group_.exportSize() <= dbquery->dataBufLength()): db2writeop.C: 985
Hi,

I get this error only when I use Write ->Append option.
When I use upsert it works fine

Thanks
Senthil