Cannot read from OCI stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soham296
Participant

Cannot read from OCI stage

Post by soham296 »

Hi guys,

I cannot read from any OCI stages. In the DEV, everything was running fine. When I migrated to prod, all the jobs that reads from the OCI are failing. The ones that are writing to OCI runs fine. One common error everywhere is OCI_INVALID_HANDLE. The ORACLE_HOME settings also look fine. Any clues ppl ??

thanks
Soham
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

PLEASE DONOT REPEAT POSTS
Delete this one.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you posting on both fora because you can not read from OCI stage both in server and parallel jobs? Doesn't this give a faint hint as to the cause? Oracle client configuration, maybe?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
soham296
Participant

Post by soham296 »

Yes, oracle client config seems to be the issue but cannot figure out what exactly might have gone wrong ? The oracle home and stuffs looks fine. Any further clues pal ??

thanks
Soham
soham296
Participant

Post by soham296 »

Hi,

Just to update it is a server job. It was working pretty fine in the Dev. But isnt working after moving to Prod. When it is writing to a oci, it's working fine. But cannot read from a OCI and throws the error OCI_INVALID_HANDLE.

thanks
soham