Sequence Aborts:Job control process (pid 28001) has failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thebird
Participant

Sequence Aborts:Job control process (pid 28001) has failed

Post by thebird »

Hi,

I am trying to run a sequence. But the sequence seems to just to start off and then abort after giving a warning that says,

"Job control process (pid 28001) has failed"

Can anybody help me by pointing out what this warning might be?

I have 2 jobs in the sequence, which are called through a generic routine.

Any help regarding this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

The Bird.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Sequence Aborts:Job control process (pid 28001) has fail

Post by chulett »

thebird wrote:I have 2 jobs in the sequence, which are called through a generic routine.
You might want to explain what a "generic routine" is and the code behind it. Why not use Job Activity stages?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
thebird
Participant

Job control process (pid 28001) has failed

Post by thebird »

Chulett,

What I meant by a generic routine was that it is a routine common across a number of jobs. The routine and the sequence used is generic. They are commonly used across a number of jobs, like a template.

The sequence i had mentioned about is a template. But when it is run, it starts off, throws off a warning as said in the earlier post and then aborts.
It doesnt actually get to the particular job that is to be run. There are some validations that are being done in the sequence, these are being carried out without a problem.But when it is the chance of the job to get started, the warning is thrown and the sequence is aborted.

I tried running the job independently, and it runs just fine, but when in the sequence, this is what is happening.

Thinking that this warning might have something to do with the routine or sequence, I tried running other jobs that used the same sequence template, and again they worked just as they should have.

Any idea what that warning might point to?

This is really urgent, so any help that I can get on this is really really welcome.

Thanks in advance, once again.

Regards,

The Bird.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How are you actually running the job(s) in the Sequencer? Are you doing something other than using a Job Activity stage? :?

Without more details and perhaps the routine code, I'm not sure how someone would know or be able to figure out what's going on.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Hi,

We have a sequence which calls only one job and it works fine in dev. Once we run the same in QA environment, it aborts with just 2 lines of messages

'Job control process (pid XXXXX) has failed'

Tried the same job with a new sequence and it aborts but the job runs fine by itself. The job does has External Filter stages and runs fine when we replace them with row generator, is there a patch required if we use EF stage?

Surprisingly it works fine in dev!
Thanks,
Vinay
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Hi,
FYI.The problem was resolved, the default setting for APT_DUMP_SCORE is True in QA, but False in DEV. The job that encountered the PID error was attempting to override that setting to False.
Thanks,
Vinay