Regarding SAP BW PACK 4.1 (open hub Extract stage)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skokanay
Participant

Regarding SAP BW PACK 4.1 (open hub Extract stage)

Post by skokanay »

Hi,

Did any of you experienced the below mentioned problem while extracting data from sap bw(3.5) using open hub extract from datastage

The problem is : The job runs successfully but no records been extracted from sap bw(3.5). The option we are using in sap bw infospoke is database table. I have checked the RFC connections required for datastage its working fine at sap bw side and able to extract data in sap bw using the infospoke and process chain. It fails only when i try to extract data from datastage .If any of you have any idea or info regarding the extraction of data from sap bw using datastage please help me.
srini.dw
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srini.dw »

Hi,
Our design

SAP BW Extract 4.3.2 --> Copy Stage --> DataSet

When we run the jobs, we do not find the number of count from dataset.

As long as your extract job completes with no warnings, you can assume that all data has been pulled out of SAP BW correctly.

It is the SAP developers job to ensure that the process chains and Open Hub destinations are built correctly and all data transfers as designed once the process chain has been invoked by the Open Hub Extract stage. We can only invoke the process chain...we have no mechanism to validate the number of records we receive. So if we get no errors or warnings in the job, we assume we got all the data.
crdanie
Premium Member
Premium Member

Open Hub Extract Issue on IS 8.0.1 BW Pack 4.3.1

Post by crdanie »

I am extracting from SAP BW using a Process Chain. When we run the Process Chain on the SAP side to a flat file it runs successfully. When we run through DataStage, the job completes with warnings and extracts 0 records. The results are inconsistent though. Sometimes we extract all records from BW and sometimes we get 0 records back. When we get 0 records back we get the following warning:

BW Info on return when extracting packet:
Message type:
Message class:E
rbd
Participant

Post by rbd »

we do have the same issue,but came to know it was from the BW side,as bw has infoProvider and multiprovider.If we pull the the data from infoprovider the data is extracted and loaded to the target,but when we extract data from BW(multiprovider) the job runs succesfull but 0 records will be fetched because multiprovider doesnot contain any data as multiprovider is a type of infoprovider that combines data from a number of Infoproviders and makes it available for reporting puposes.Datastage still not supporting the data to be extracted from multiproviders.
jay