DataStage Administrator Timeout

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Administrator Timeout

Post by Raftsman »

when I open up the DS administrator and select a project, as soon as I click on properties, my system hangs and my CPU stays consistantly at 100%. The API slave processes must be shutdown to get my system back to normal.

Anyone have a solution for this.

Thanks
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Is it only to a particular project or to all existing project?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

When I installed DS EE 7.5.X2, it asked me to create a project. There is only one. I tried to create a project and the same thing happened.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Is it an upgradation from an existion installation.
Are you able to access from other clients like manager or director or designer.
Have you tried uninstalling and reintalling the client in the system.
Any other issue faced while working in the project in designer.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are your client/server on the same windows machine? What OS and SP level do you have on your client PC? Can you attach to projects using the other client tools or are the other problems showing up in your installation?
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

The Client and Server are on the same machine. I have used Designer, Manager and Director on the same project with no problems. It's only when I try to open the properties in Admin.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In the past some of the client apps have needed a patch from IBM/Ascential but I don't know if your issue is a client or a server one. Have you contacted your support provider about this problem?
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

Yes, they told me it was because we are not running on a Windows 2003 OS. I posted another question about this and I was told that this version works fine in a Windows 2000 SP4 OS. I am not sure what to think anymore.