The job is not running when i extract data from oracle 10G

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

praburaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

The job is not running when i extract data from oracle 10G

Post by praburaj »

Hi all
I am using oracle 10G
In datastage i am connecting using Dynamic RDBMS
I am able to view the data from table.
But when i run the job it is not getting completed.
But the status shows running
The same i tried with server jobs its working fine
In server jobs native connection also working fine
Let me know how to solve this
regards
prabu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is it a complex query? The same query is executed on every node - can your database handle identical copies of the same query without locking itself up?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is the total volume of records.
View data will show you partial data. Is server and PX server residing in the same machine.
Try to run the job in sequential mode. Try to change the configuration file and make to on the node where server job runs.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
praburaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by praburaj »

Hi ray/kumar,

Thanks for the reply.I am just testing the connectivity.Records are very few(say 100).Its not a query. The config file i am using is only one node.Yes both server and px residing in the same machine.

Where can i find the dsenv in file windows.when i browsed the documentation its says to check the dsenv file. I used windows search option but i could not.

It works well with server jobs.It also handles million of data but only parallel jobs i am having this prob.any suggestions.

Regards,
Prabu.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Is both server and parallel edition runs on same OS?
dsenv is not for windows.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does it work if you replace DRS with Oracle Enterprise stage? If so you've identified the culprit. Otherwise the next thing to explore is the for-Oracle environment variable settings. These can be set via Windows Control Panel (System applet), or as user-defined in the DataStage Administrator. There is no dsenv file for DataStage on Windows.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.