Job Control not getting regenarated at Compilation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

this_is_venki
Participant

Job Control not getting regenarated at Compilation

Post by this_is_venki »

Hi all,

The job control for workflow is not getting regenarated everytime i make changes in the workflow and recompile it.
Does APT_COMPILEROPT Env. Variables have anything to do with it.
The default setting is
APT_COMPILEROPT is -dalign -O -PIC -library=iostream -c
Can anyone explain what each option stands for ?

Many Thanks,

Venky
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is the change you made and what is not getting reflected?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
this_is_venki
Participant

Post by this_is_venki »

Hi Kumar,

I had Initially Added a few parameters in some jobs and hence in the workflow as well.
Later the desing changed and we deleted it from the job as well as from the workflow.
Now the workflow is not getting compiled.
It shows an error-
Variable XXX never assigned a value.

where XXX is the paramter i had deleted.

Thanks,
Venky
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Just do a search on generated Job control on the job properited tab, whether the particular parameter still present. If so you can find where it resides.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That error suggests that you have used a reference to the XXX parameter in an expression somewhere in the job design. Don't forget to open the stage properties of any Lookup or Transformer stage that may be part of that design, and where expressions often occur. Also stage variable initialization and derivation.

It's possible to prove that the job control is being regenerated when the job is compiled simply by inspecting the timestamps of files in the RT_BPnnn and/or RT_SCnnn directories, where nnn is the job number from DS_JOBS.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.