DataStage EE 7.5x2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage EE 7.5x2

Post by Raftsman »

I just installed the EE version on a Windows 2000 OS. I was just told that the EE 7.5x2 version will only run on a Windows 2003 OS. Is this the case? I ran a few designer jobs and they worked fine. The DS administrator portion hangs and causes problem.

I just need to be sure that this is the reason.

Thanks in advance.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Raftsman,
I had 7.5x2 EE installed on my laptop with Windows 2000 SP4 and I never had any problem like the problem that you are having. Did you have SP4 install on the machine?

The problem is that you will not get technical support from Ascential if you install the software on the platform that is not certified by Ascential.
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

Yes, I have SP4 installed. I talked to technical support and this is the answer I got. The problem that really disturbs me is we were never asked the right questions during the purchase. We aren't going to W2003 in the near future and are standard won't let us go to Unix. If others are using W2000 and are not having problem, please let me know.

Thanks