Stages in PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

khaja
Participant

Stages in PX

Post by khaja »

Hi

1.I would like to know how a dataset works and difference
between Complex flat file and normal flat file
2.What a Copy stage does is it useful only to transfer data from one stage to other

Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The manual PARJDEV will provide you enough information to give you a head start. :)
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

As DSG points out you can easily read the difference between datasets and flat files in the manual. With the copy stage I often use it as a "placeholder" stage which simply transfers input columns to output columns in straight mapping. This stage will disappear when the job is run. It lets me replace it with another stage later on. It can also be used to remove columns, or copy the data down multiple output links.
arasan
Participant

Post by arasan »

1.Data set it works through DS engine.
2.copy stage it will be very use full for taking DUMP. you can check data is passing properly.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

arasan wrote:1.Data set it works through DS engine.
2.copy stage it will be very use full for taking DUMP. you can check data is passing properly.
Dump can be taken directly from dataset too.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'