Error using lookupfilsets

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

praburaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error using lookupfilsets

Post by praburaj »

Hi

I have incorrectly posted the warning message in server edition.
Previously I was getting the following warning.

Ignoring duplicate entry at table record 2; no further warnings will be issued for this table .

I have solved the warning by
allow duplicates in the appropriate lookup fileset

I am having 2 problems now

when I use this lookup filesets as a lookup in main job , in the drop down list the link names does not exist and also i am getting the following error

LKP_AR_X_IP,0: Multiple lookup tables allow duplicate entries: 0 (d:\dsfiles\LKPFS_AR_NM) and 1 (d:\dsfiles\LKPFS_IP_NM).

Kindly let me know where I am going wrong.

Regards
prabu
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What do you mean by link name dropdown list? Is it 'Input name' in the Input tab. Are you sure you have connected properly the linkt to the lookup stage?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
praburaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by praburaj »

In the lookup if u go to the condition page(ie where u give the lookup condition if u go to that page u can see the drop down list
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Do you mean 'Multiple rows returnd from link'?
If so, this is enable only for reference link.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're not necesarily going wrong. DataStage is simply letting you know that there are dupllicates, and what it's doing with them (ignoring them, so that you only get one row returned, from a reference input link for example).

You can use a message handler to demote the warning message to informational if that's your concern.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.