Regarding oracle enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nripendra Chand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Regarding oracle enterprise stage

Post by Nripendra Chand »

hi,

i'm not able to view the data from oracle enterprise stage in parallel canvas. But when i use oracle stage in server canvas with same specifications, i can view the data. I'm using the same table to view data in both canvases.
In parallel canvas it is throwing the following message:
"##E TOSH 000205 03:17:02(001) <main_program> PATH search failure"

& after cloicking on data browser it is showing following error:
##I TFCN 000001 03:21:40(000) <main_program>
Ascential DataStage(tm) Enterprise Edition 7.5.1
Copyright (c) 2004, 1997-2004 Ascential Software Corporation.
All Rights Reserved

##I TUTL 000031 03:21:40(001) <main_program> The open files limit is 1024; raising to 10000.
##I TOSH 000002 03:21:41(000) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 03:21:41(001) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 03:21:41(002) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
##I TFSC 000001 03:21:41(003) <main_program> APT configuration file: /data/dw/cl/dev/clw/admin/cldw_1Node.apt
##W TFPA 000017 03:21:41(004) <main_program> Warning: the value of the PWD environment variable (/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine) does not appear to be a synonym for the current working directory (/data/dw/cl/projectlib/cl_dev). The current working directory will be used, but if your ORCHESTRATE job does not start up correctly, you should set your PWD environment variable to a value that will work on all nodes of your system.
##W TCOS 000049 03:21:43(000) <main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: DSProjectMapName
>##E TOSH 000205 03:21:44(000) <main_program> PATH search failure:
>##E TOSH 000000 03:21:44(001) <main_program> Error loading "orchoracle": Could not find "orchoracle" on the library search path defined by the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH; path: /data/dw/cl/projectlib/cl_dev/buildop:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/DSCAPIOp:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/RTIOperators:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/DSParallel:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/user_lib:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib:/opt/tools/sybase/OCS-12_5/lib3p:/opt/tools/sybase/OCS-12_5/lib:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/sparc/client:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/sparc:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls:/opt/tools/oracle/product/9.2.0/lib:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/sparc/client:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/sparc:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:/opt/tools/datastage7/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls::/export/home/db2inst3/sqllib/lib:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/bin:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/lib:/usr/lib:/lib.
>##E TOSH 000000 03:21:44(002) <main_program> Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "oraread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
>##E TCOS 000029 03:21:44(003) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Nripendra,
Please read the dsupgde.pdf file on page 6-14 for your PWD problem; then read page 6-19 and 6-20 for your Oracle Enterprise Stage problem. Let me know after you have done above required environment configurations because you will still have other problems such as "could not load orchoracle". But that will not be too difficult to fix.
Nripendra Chand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nripendra Chand »

Hi lstsaur,

I don't have administrative privileges, so can you please specify me about this problem I want to know the reason. Is this problem occurred because environment variables are set up properly for oracle?

Regards,
Nripendra
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Someone at your site needs to ensure that the PATH environment variable is correctly set in the dsenv file so as to include the directory in which the orchoracle executable exists.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Nripendra,
Looking at error message that you got, I am pretty certain that the install.liborchoracle script was executed as a skipping the Oracel driver installation due to the ORACLE_HOME could not be determined. Also, I saw that ORACLE_HOME/product/9.2.0/BIN directory was not in your PATH environment variable and you should have ORACLE_HOME/product/9.2.0/lib32 in your LD_LIBPATH.

It's going to be difficult to tell the installer what's supposed to do. Good luck.
sankarsadasivan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sankarsadasivan »

Hi

We are facing exactly the same problem..

Can anybody tell how the problem was resolved.

Thanks
Sankar
sankarsadasivan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sankarsadasivan »

Any idea what these files are, where can i find them and which path I need to add in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

orchoracle
orchupsert

Pls suggest

Many thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There is a very powerful command in UNIX called find. Try attaching to your root directory and executing find . -name orchora* -print and it will probably show you 3 files and the path that you are looking for.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just in case anyone is on Windows, there is a utility shipped with DataStage called uvwalk that performs a similar search task to the find of UNIX. You can, of course, also use the Search capability in Windows Explorer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.