$ char in my oracle user id/schema

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

djoni
Participant

$ char in my oracle user id/schema

Post by djoni »

I have a $ char in my Oracle user id/schema, DS$DJONI, and have not been able to connect to my Oracle database. I have no problem using any of other user id/schema's that do not have $ char.

How can I resolve (I have to use the DS$DJONI) ?

djoni
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I recall reading something about this in the manual. Don't have access to DataStage this week, but I'd hazard the guess that it's the Parallel Job Developer's Guide, and the chapter on the Oracle Enterprise stage. The same problem can arise with DB2. Both "#" and "$" can be troublesome to DataStage; there are substitutions of the form __34__ that you can use in their place.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
djoni
Participant

Post by djoni »

ray.wurlod wrote:I recall reading something about this in the manual. Don't have access to DataStage this week, but I'd hazard the guess that it's the Parallel Job Developer's Guide, and the chapter on the Oracle Enterprise stage. The same problem can arise with DB2. Both "#" and "$" can be troublesome to DataStage; there are substitutions of the form __34__ that you can use in their place.
I tried as per manual, set the DS_ENABLE_RESERVED_CHAR_CONVERT to true. Still the same problem. As the manual says, this parameter is for handling $ char in column name, not in schema/user id.

Any other idea?
djoni
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Other than get a user ID that doesn't include a "$" character, no.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
djoni
Participant

Re: $ char in my oracle user id/schema

Post by djoni »

I got the answer from IBM support: enclosed this kind of Oracle user id with single quotes.
They said it would be fixed in the next release.
djoni
djoni wrote:I have a $ char in my Oracle user id/schema, DS$DJONI, and have not been able to connect to my Oracle database. I have no problem using any of other user id/schema's that do not have $ char.

How can I resolve (I have to use the DS$DJONI) ?

djoni