Modify Stage Problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hhh
Participant

Modify Stage Problem

Post by hhh »

Hello,

In my application i transfer data from source to target.
I have used Sequential file(Source), Modify stage( for change the data type for date to string in one column), Dataset(Target).

Mapping is Sequential file --> Modify Stage -- > Dataset.
When i keep modify stage in sequential mode job works fine however
with parallel mode, data are passed upto Modify stage and in this situation i am not getting any warning or error message in log file.could u ppl suggest me that what is going on this situation

Please share ur idea with this issue.
Thanks
Hman
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hman,

what is the problem you are getting with parallel mode? All you've told us is that you are not getting entries in the log file.
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

Hi,

Yes this is right that i am not getting any warning or error entries in the log file , so i could not find what is reason to not work with Parallel mode.
ArndW wrote:Hman,

what is the problem you are getting with parallel mode? All you've told us is that you are not getting entries in the log file. ...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

But what is not working? Are no rows being written to your data set? Are the values wrong? the row counts?
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

yes, no rows are being written to my dataset
ArndW wrote:But what is not working? Are no rows being written to your data set? Are the values wrong? the row counts? ...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Have you changed settings in your dataset (execution mode, partitioning, update policy)? Does the log file show that records were going into the dataset?
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

Hi,
In Parallel mode i have kept update policy as Overwrite,execution mode is parallel, and its property is default.
ArndW wrote:Have you changed settings in your dataset (execution mode, partitioning, update policy)? Does the log file show that records were going into the dataset? ...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you write to a peek stage instead of the dataset does it work correctly?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does your Modify stage include an explicit KEEP specification? If not, try adding one.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.