Improper lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Improper lookup

Post by us1aslam1us »

Hi,

I am having some problem with my lookup.I am having 459 rows in the source table and 145 rows in the lookup table(Key is unique in the lookup table).But when i am doing the lookup with this unique key i am able to fetch only 68 rows whereas my output should have 459 rows.When i checked it in director log it is giving me following errors
lkp_group,0: Failed a keylookup for record.
lkp_group,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.
APT_CombinedOperatorController(0),0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.
APT_CombinedOperatorController(0),0: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk
I dont understand what i am missing there itried to trim the keys also but still i am having the same problem.

Thanks
sam
this_is_venki
Participant

Improper lookup

Post by this_is_venki »

Hi Sam,

Tell us a few more things.
Has the job run succesfully ?

What is the data_type of the Key in Stream and reference links??
What is the option you have specified for LookUp Failed?

Please elaborate...

Regards
Venky
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Do you have all the 459 key match in the lookup data with in 145?
What is the condition given, if lookup failed, is it fail or reject or continue?
Have a reject file and mark it as reject and try to collect all the unmatch records in a seperate file and to a verification.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Could be worth disabling combination to be certain, but I feel that your "failed lookup" rule is Fail.
If the data type is string, make sure that there is no extraneous white space in the lookup data (key) or in the stream data (lookup value).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Improper lookup

Post by us1aslam1us »

this_is_venki wrote:Hi Sam,

Tell us a few more things.
Has the job run succesfully ?

What is the data_type of the Key in Stream and reference links??
What is the option you have specified for LookUp Failed?

Please elaborate...

Regards
Venky
Hi

Yeah it ran successfully.The data type is 'char' in both.
I am just doing a simple lookup based on a single key.

Thanks
Sam
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

ray.wurlod wrote:Could be worth disabling combination to be certain, but I feel that your "failed lookup" rule is Fail.
If the data type is string, make sure that there is no extraneous white space in the lookup data ...
Hi ray

The data type is 'char'.Thinking that there might be some white space i tried to trim the key field.But still same problem.

Thanks
sam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I doubt that Trim() will help; a Char(n) - or string[n] - must always be n characters long. You need to ensure that all n match for the lookup to succeed. Or convert to VarChar(n) - or string[max=n].
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

ray.wurlod wrote:I doubt that Trim() will help; a Char(n) - or string[n] - must always be n characters long. You need to ensure that all n match for the lookup to succeed. Or convert to VarChar(n) - or string[max=n] ...
The problem has been solved.As Ray mentioned i tried it and it is fixed.

Thanks All
sam