Env Variables for Default Conversion

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

this_is_venki
Participant

Env Variables for Default Conversion

Post by this_is_venki »

Hi

My parallel jobs does some Gud ETL Functionality. :D

The only problem is that some of Column's values are getting truncated in some stages (Like Varchar2(40) to Varchar2(30)) and in some later stages getting transformed back to the original length.(like Varchar2(30 to Varchar2(40))

So finally when i get the data the column value shows some truncation.

I can go through each and every stage to find out the root cause.
But that is very cumbersome since there are around 20 stages and 15 such jobs which are showing similar problems.

Is there any environment variable which, when set will log all such truncations that happen.I went through the list but couldn't find the exact match... :(

Any help...

Thanks in Advance,
Venky
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Unhandled String truncation should through out an waring. Was the message been handled?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Of course VarChar(40) will be irrecoverably truncated if loaded into a VarChar(30) column. How could it be otherwise?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.