compile error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

scorpion
Participant

compile error

Post by scorpion »

hi all,

when i make some changes for source file and try to compile the job
it is giving error like

"cannot get exclusive access to executable file for job (jobname)
-job may be being monitered"

can any one helpme on this

thanks,
Thanx&Regards
scorpion
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Are you are monitoring your job in the director? if so you cannot compile it. you need to close the monitor window in the director.
scorpion
Participant

Post by scorpion »

hi

thanks for quick reply,but i am not monitoring the job in director.

how can i over come this problem.
Thanx&Regards
scorpion
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Is anyone else monitoring your job?
scorpion
Participant

Post by scorpion »

how should i know some body monitoring my job..is there any process to get details of my job monitoring is currently from somebody?
Thanx&Regards
scorpion
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The message comes because there is a lock on a table record fro that job. If another user is editing the job, if it is running or if a monitor is open this is the message you will see. One other cause is if the job has somehow aborted or been killed so that the locks remain. If this is the case then you will need to wait for the dsdlockd process to clean up the locks for you - if you have it running.

You can try to view and track the locks in the Director but it is not always easy to identify the correct locks. There are many posts here that explain how to do this.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Yes, use LIST.READU EVERY from TCL to get all list of locks.
If you find the job you mentioned in the list, perhap you can release it.
If you dont run any job at the moment, any any client being opened at the moment, you can simply use UNLOCK ALL to release all the locks.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kumar - UNLOCK ALL as administrator is very powerful and should not be used! It has a potential to really mess up a DS environment since all concurrency control in DataStage is based on locks.

In this case if no jobs are running and no users are logged in the appropriate lock(s) should be easy to spot using LIST.READU
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I was under the impression that, if all the clients as disconected and if no running jobs, UNLOCK ALL can be executed :o
Infact while following some set of instruction given by IBM support people, I was asked to do the same.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'