Where to start to write parallel routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhu1981
Participant

Where to start to write parallel routine

Post by Madhu1981 »

I want to learn, how to write a Parellel routine. Can any one tell me, where can i find the related documets. If any one provides sample code, it will be greatful.
Thanks In advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Start with "The Elements of Programming Style" so that you can learn about designing functions. Then a good primer on the C++ programming language. Design, code, compile and test your C++ function (adapt an existing or create a new make file). Build it into a shared library, if you haven't already done so during testing.

Now comes the DataStage part. Read the relevant chapter in the Advanced Parallel Job Developer's Guide which is amongst your DataStage manuals in the Docs folder on your client machine. Use the Repository utilities to create a new "parallel routine", which is actually an interlude to the C++ routine you've already crafted and tested.

Finally make sure that the shared library in which it resides is visible via your shared library search path environment variable (for example LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SHLIB_PATH or LIBPATH).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.