How to insert into UV.ACCOUNT

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Code: Select all

Illegal to INSERT into table used by subquery.
Is there any thing we need to add up the query.
I also treid with
INSERT INTO UV.ACCOUNT(@ID, NAME, PATH) VALUES (SELECT 'Project2', NAME, '/pathname/Project2' FROM UV.ACCOUNT WHERE @ID = 'Project1');
no use.

The name part has DataStage/{Version}/{Server ip}/nnnn.
When I did the ED to insert the new accout, the nnnn varied automatically.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ray.wurlod wrote:But if you've screwed the project with an inappropriate use of VERIFY.SQL none of this will help.
Again, there are difficulties with INSERT. You can work around this using an F control in an inline prompt. I am not going to answer any questions about this technique.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO UV.ACCOUNT(@ID, NAME, PATH) VALUES ('Project2', '<<F(UV.ACCOUNT,Project1,5),License>>','/pathname/Project2');
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Woof...
This Black magic worked.
But License part was not update correctly, rather blank was populated.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
pneumalin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pneumalin »

Kumar_s,
Could you please post again all the steps you have done to fix your problem, so that we can learn from it.
Thanks!

Pneuma.