Doubt in data movement

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ramsdanda
Participant

Doubt in data movement

Post by ramsdanda »

Hi Any body please help about Data moving to Taerget

My Source File is like : A, 1
B, 1
C, 1
D, 2
E, 2
F, 2 the file is .csv file i have to disply in my target , If i select A the out put in the target it display like A
B
c bcz.. these three have common identifier 1,if i select F out put should be D,E,F..any body please help between source file and Traget file in which stage i have to implement logic and ,i need yours help how can i solve this logic

Thanks&Regards
Ramesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why are you even bothering with a parallel job for one file to one file processing? How do you propose to "select" A etc.? Once we know this maybe we can provide sensible answer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is the target stage?
What is that you want from the target stage?
Is it an database and do you need a query?
If so

Code: Select all

Select ColA from <Table> where ColB in (Select ColB from <Table> where ColA = #Input#)
As suggested, more you be clear, more quickly you get the result.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps you are looking for a solution involving two consecutive lookups; the first to determine the value associated with your "entered" value (a job parameter?), the second a reverse lookup to return all keys associated with that value. The second lookup would need "return multiple rows" enabled.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ramsdanda
Participant

Got the solution as per our statements

Post by ramsdanda »

ray.wurlod wrote:Perhaps you are looking for a solution involving two consecutive lookups; the first to determine the value associated with your "entered" value (a job parameter?), the second a reverse lookup to retur ...
Hi

thanks for ur valuable suggesition, i got the requre outout as per your above statements.

Thanks&Regards
Ramesh