Can dsjob be copied and ran remotely?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ultramundane
Participant

Can dsjob be copied and ran remotely?

Post by Ultramundane »

I would like to bundle dsjob and other files needed so that dsjob can be run from other unix boxes for some event driven actions at warehouses such as end of day/books close.

I am curious if this can be done, how it can be done, and any known issues with this approach. Or, if there is a better approach.

Thanks.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The dsjob executable is a standalone, if you call it with the appropriate parameters to the actual server machine it will call up the job on that host. You can always do a "rexec" as well - since you would need a user-id and a password to login on the remote host in any case.
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

Thanks.

For the most part that worked. I copied dsjob and got an error that libvmdsapi.so could not be found. So, I copied that too and updated my libpath to the desitination path. It worked after that. Just needed to specify -server <server> -user <user> -password <password> properties for the command.

Thanks.