ORCHESTRATE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

emma
Premium Member
Premium Member

ORCHESTRATE

Post by emma »

Hi ,

It's somebody who can explain what the Orchestrate is and how to look at it ?
More precise,I have this error message and I would like to know how to interpret it.

##W TFPA 000012 08:30:00(006) <main_program> Warning: the PWD environment variable is not defined. Remote process startup may be unsuccessful as a result.If your ORCHESTRATE job does not start up correctly, please set your PWD variable to a value that will work on all nodes of your system.

Thanks,
Thanks,
Emma
kwwilliams
Participant

Re: ORCHESTRATE

Post by kwwilliams »

Hi Emma,

Orchestrate is not really something you can see, it is the engine that runs the PX jobs. You can look at the OSH, or the code generated for your job for Orchestrate, but that won't help you with this.

Do a search for PWD Environment Variable and you will find some useful information.
emma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by emma »

Williams,

What is PWD and where can I find it ?

Thanks,
Thanks,
Emma
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

PWD is an environment variable. It contains the pathname of your working directory. In most cases it can usefully be set to "." (current directory).

"Orchestrate" is the operating environment, in much the same way that "UNIX" or "PL/SQL" are operating environments. They have no real visibility.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gforcegforce
Participant

Post by gforcegforce »

set PWD from datastage administrator to '.'
thx
gforcegforce
MTA
Participant

Post by MTA »

Or you can set it to your working directory as mentioned above
M.T.Anwer
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent;
the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
-Aiden Nowlan