Manipulating timestamp

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Manipulating timestamp

Post by DSguru2B »

I have a timestamp in the format Mar 10 2006.
I want to convert this into 200603 ( ie: YYYYMM).
Any suggestions?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Various ways you can do this. Us telling you a solution won't help you to learn independence, grasshopper. See what you can come up with alone (with the help of the manuals, of course). To make it interesting, let me set you this challenge. Come up with one solution using a Modify stage and another solution using a (parallel) Transformer stage. Post your thoughts.
Incidentally, your source data (as you've described) do not appear to be in timestamp format.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Got the result? Or Holded up?
If the input is in date formate you can directly use YearFromDate and MonthFromDate function in transformer and concatinate the both.
Yes, output is not in timestamp. (Input either)
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'