Capturing changed column

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

babbu9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Capturing changed column

Post by babbu9 »

Hi
I am working with the CDC stage. I would like to know if there is a way to know which particular column has actually changed between 2 incoming rows. If so how would we do it in a simple and easy way.

I have been doing it with a decode statement in sql by joining the 2 rows.

Please inform.

Thanks
Babu
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Babu

Read the documentation provided for Change Capture Stage. It compares two input with the same metadata to find out whether any column/s changed. If so then it sends the change code to inform whether it is Insert Delete, Copy etc. Read the documentation for full help.
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or a Compare stage. It really depends on the format in which you require your output. The Difference stage won't help, the Compare stage will. The Change Capture stage is more intended to set up a structure for a Change Apply stage to use to re-build the after-image from a before-image, for example when effecting a restart.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.