job with transformer giving problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

legendkiller
Participant

job with transformer giving problem

Post by legendkiller »

Hi all

I am getting following error when running the job with transformer stage.

"Transformer_7: Failed to load the library "V0S7_PaRoutine_Transformer_7.so". Either the directory containing the library file is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system that is incompatible with this system. Could not load "V0S7_PaRoutine_Transformer_7": /opt/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/mast/RT_BP1.O/V0S7_PaRoutine_Transformer_7.so: undefined symbol: _ZN12APT_Operator11checkConfigEv."

Can anybody throw some light on above error. Here i have complier with a advance version than recommanded for our version of Datastage. Also linux version is advance than recommanded.

here i am able to compile the job with transformer in it problem is comming only when i tried to run it
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think it might be best to contact your support provider for this issue, since you are using a compiler and a version of the OS that are not on the supported list - perhaps they can detect a workaround for the runtime object problem.
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi legendkiller,

Do a Force Compile and then run the job. If the problem still persists do as advised by Arnd.

HTH
--Rich
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

richdhan wrote:Hi legendkiller,

Do a Force Compile and then run the job. If the problem still persists do as advised by Arnd.

HTH
--Rich
Compile itself checks and compiles the change in Transformer stage.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kumar - Dan is right, the recompile is worth a shot! I've had to do "force-compile" in the past; even though a normal compile should have rectified my problems. But we've all learned the hard way that "should" and "ought to" and "according to the documentation" and "theoretically..." don't always agree with reality.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I do agree. Most of the case Force Compile helped me to get rid of issues with the incompatable data types (though defined correctly in Transformer) and expression related errors. But it looks like a issue with some library file (permission) error. But I may not be experienced enough to predict the reason.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Kumar,

One fine day the environment had some changes and we had the same kind of library problems that legendkiller has. We compiled the job 'n' number of times but in vain. Nothing happened.

Then we were advised to do a force compile. After we did the force compile the job ran normally as it should.

But I would like to know what happens when you do a Compile and a Force Compile.

--Rich