Unconditional Trigger in the sequence jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhu1981
Participant

Unconditional Trigger in the sequence jobs

Post by Madhu1981 »

Hi,

In Sequencer Jobs, If trigger condition is "Unconditional" and if the job gets aborted, will it fires the Target stage or not.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

An unconditional trigger fires the target activity once the source activity completes, regardless of what other triggers are fired from the same activity.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Madhu1981
Participant

Unconditional Trigger in Job Sequence

Post by Madhu1981 »

kumar_s wrote:An unconditional trigger fires the target activity once the source activity completes, regardless of what other triggers are fired from the same activity.
Hi Kumar, Thanks a lot.

My situation is, I want to fire a JOB2, irrespective of JOB1 gets failed, success, or with warnings.
If i use "Unconditional" Trigger for a Job which is aborted, Its not firing the next stage. Its simply aborting the sequncer job.
If i use "Unconditional" Trigger for a Job which is Finished OK or Finished with warnings, Its firing the next stageand running succesfully
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That behaviour will be governed by whether you've enabled automatic error handling. You may need to disable this, and handle (or not handle) failed job activities explicitly in your job sequence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.