change capture warnings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

knowledge
Participant

change capture warnings

Post by knowledge »

Hi ,
this is not the new warning . I have read the number of post on this warnings ,The warning is :

Change_Capture_28: When checking operator: Defaulting "TRANSACTION_AMOUNT" in transfer from "beforeRec" to "outputRec".

I am using CC stage with the option explicit values and keys , I have to consider only 2 column . one is key and other is value columnwhich might get updated and depending on this value column I have to update the taget ,

Everything works fine but the problem is I am getting no of warnigs for all column which i am not including in CC stage ,

I have read in one of the post , and I am only passing 2 columns through change capture , I am using copy stage to pass two links one with all columns and 2nd with only 2 columns , these 2 colunm passing through CC stage to get key column and change code from CC stage and again joing with other columns from the copy stage based on the key column ,doing remaining processing(look up for various dimensions ) and then updating or inserting records in the target ,

Everything is fine , the problem is though I am not passing all these column fron CC stage still I am getting above warnigns for all column , I have tried no of things ,

Please suggest the solution ,

thanks in advance
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

RCP :?: :?: :?:
Turn it off. Some times it might be turned off at project level, and may not be effective at job level. Care should be taken.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
knowledge
Participant

Change capture warnings

Post by knowledge »

[quote="kumar_s"]RCP :?: :?: :?:
Turn it off. Some times it might be turned off at project level, and may not be effective at job level. Care should be taken.[/quote]

Hi kumar ,

thanks for the replay ,

I have turned it off at job level as well as at project level but then also it is giving me all warnings for the columns which I am not passing trough the CC stage , also join stage is also giving warnings :

"join_16: When checking operator: Dropping component "EFFECTIVE_DT" because of a prior component with the same name."

This is just example of one of the waning i am getting through join stage but his column is not duplicated since I am only getting key column from the CC stage , used join on the key column to get other columns ( some how CC stage is getting all columns which I am not passing through it and thenat the join it is giving me the warning that dropping column ,

Is it a bug in data stage ,

please help !

thanks
knowledge
Participant

no warnings

Post by knowledge »

Hey Kumar ,

Thanks a lot , u r really gr8 .

When I turned off RCP on project as well as job level , it did not work , I still got warnings , but when I turned it on at project level and turned it off at job level it worked ,

no more warnings due to change capture stage ,

thanks a lot
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
Pls post the Generated OSH code.
You can have one more try, may be dirty.
Re map/remove all the column/links. Click ok ot come out of the stages. Now just dont drag and drop the links but Try to type in the Output column name and datatype and make a auto match or manually drag it. And to clear the field properties of the columns for the stages other than transformer and passive stages, try to introduce 0 in Vector Occors and press ok. I know this will be tedious if the number of columns in higher range. :oops:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: no warnings

Post by kumar_s »

knowledge wrote:Hey Kumar ,

Thanks a lot , u r really gr8 .

When I turned off RCP on project as well as job level , it did not work , I still got warnings , but when I turned it on at project level and turned it off at job level it worked ,

no more warnings due to change capture stage ,

thanks a lot
Thats great.
Didnt noticed this post before posting the previous one of mine.
knowledge
Participant

thanks

Post by knowledge »

Thanks Kumar,
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

This also often happens when the datatypes and the nullabilties of the columns are not in sync. As I mentioned in my other post, Datastage Enterprise Edition is very sensitive with handling nulls. And due to this you might see ripple effects in different stages. Better to follow the steps shown by Kumar.
Plus, the columns is usually dropped if it is redundant too.
Good luck :)
knowledge
Participant

Post by knowledge »

hey guru ,

thanks a lot ,

My CC stage problem is solved ,
gnan_gun
Participant

Re: Change capture warnings

Post by gnan_gun »

Hi,

I am using FTP stage and data loading into Oracle. In between i am using Change capture Stage. I am getting same warning.
Even i disable the RCP in both job level and stage level (all possibilities) still i am getting this warning.

But when i am using source is database it is working fine. No warnings but when i am using FTP it is not working.
Can anybody help me.........

Thanks in Advance