how to avoid about sort requirement related warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nripendra Chand
Premium Member
Premium Member

how to avoid about sort requirement related warning

Post by Nripendra Chand »

Hi,

I'm getting following msg in a remove duplicate stage.
nkrmdup: When checking operator: User inserted sort "lnkrmdup.lnkrmdup_Sort" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator "lnkrmdup"
I'm sorting the input records (using hash partition) on the same keys on which I'm removing duplicates. So why this msg is still coming? Can I avoid this msg?

-Nripendra
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Pls recheck. Is it hash partitoned before/in sort stage on the key.
Is the key of the sort stage is same as the key of the remove duplicate stage as well as the partiton mentioned. Not one more or not one less.
Is the same partiton maintained from sort to remove duplicate stage. Is there any change in datatype on the key like unicode, for char to varchar or interger to decimal.....
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

Also make sure that you specify your remove duplicate with the same details as the sort, so you could sort it in the same order and have one that is case sensistive and the remove duplicate that is not. It will throw that same error because it has detected that the data is sorted differently than the sort stage you specified.
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi,

Further Inputs from my side.

If you are doing Hash Partition in Sort stage then keep 'SAME' as a partition method in the remove duplicate stage.

Regards
Nagesh.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
Nripendra Chand
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nripendra Chand »

I'm sorting using hash in the remove duplicate stage only. The order of keys is also same. Do i need to sort prior to this stage?

-Nripendra
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi,

Just try this out, do the hash partition in Sortstage and select 'SAME' partition type in Remove Duplictae stage. I think it will solve your problem.

Regards
Nagesh.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is the key that you have mentioned in the internal sort and the key for remove duplicate. Make sure both are in the same order.
You can acheive the same via sort stage also.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'