File Column Name in Sequential File stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

opdas
Participant

File Column Name in Sequential File stage

Post by opdas »

Hi All,
I'm new to datastage, I'm trying to read squential files using sequential file stage. I am using read method as "File Pattern" and also try to get the file name from where the data is being picked, but every time I do this I get only one file name though the data is being read from all the files.

Thanks in advance for help !

regards
Om prakash
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Om,

Welcome Aboard :D
Can you provide us the expression you used in File Pattern.
I guess you might have given only the path name. Hence the just the name of the files available under the path will be fed as input. Inorder to get the content of the file, try to give the patern (Pattern of the file names) as /path/*.txt or /path/*.dat or /path/abc*....
This should work.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
opdas
Participant

Post by opdas »

Thanks for the reply Kumar,
I'm using the following expn:
/path/*.csv

Regds
Om Prakash
kumar_s wrote:Hi Om,

Welcome Aboard :D
Can you provide us the expression you used in File Pattern.
I guess you might have given only the path name. Hence the just the name of the files available under the path will be fed as input. Inorder to get the content of the file, try to give the patern (Pattern of the file names) as /path/*.txt or /path/*.dat or /path/abc*....
This should work.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Om,
I ran in to a quick test, File Pattern = /path/*.txt.
Output was perfect.
When i gave File Pattern = /path
It gave me the list of files under the path.
BTW : If you are using parameter for input purpose, just check with hardcoding values.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'