Error while validating Aggregator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error while validating Aggregator

Post by somu_june »

Hi

Please help me to over come this problem. I have job which is using aggregate stage . I have transformer connected to aggregator. my job design is

transformer......................................aggregator..........................dataset
inputcolumm of TX................................input colummof aggregator
price, sql(char),length(15),null(no)......price,sql(double),lengt(12,2),nul(no)
outputcoulmm of TX
price, sql (double) length(12,2),null(no)

This for Aggregation type = calculation columm. and for group by key columm metadata is

Currency metadata is Sql (char),length(3) and null (no) through out the transformer and aggregator and dataset the metadata is same.

Iam converting a char (15) to double(12,2) for aggregation type = calculation to get the sum(price) and also tried with decimal(12,2) but again iam getting the same error.

Error is :
main_program: Syntax error: Error in "group" operator: Error in output redirection: Error in output parameters: Error in modify adapter: Error in binding: Expected '=', got: "$", line 182

Thanks,
somaraju
somaraju
meena
Participant

Re: Error while validating Aggregator

Post by meena »

Hi Somaraju,
Can you give me the complete design. Because I want to know what stage are you using intially(before to the transformer), where you can write a user defined sql. And conversions of datatypes, null handling can be done in the transformer stage.

Meena

somu_june wrote:Hi

Please help me to over come this problem. I have job which is using aggregate stage . I have transformer connected to aggregator. my job design is

transformer......................................aggregator..........................dataset
inputcolumm of TX................................input colummof aggregator
price, sql(char),length(15),null(no)......price,sql(double),lengt(12,2),nul(no)
outputcoulmm of TX
price, sql (double) length(12,2),null(no)

This for Aggregation type = calculation columm. and for group by key columm metadata is

Currency metadata is Sql (char),length(3) and null (no) through out the transformer and aggregator and dataset the metadata is same.

Iam converting a char (15) to double(12,2) for aggregation type = calculation to get the sum(price) and also tried with decimal(12,2) but again iam getting the same error.

Error is :
main_program: Syntax error: Error in "group" operator: Error in output redirection: Error in output parameters: Error in modify adapter: Error in binding: Expected '=', got: "$", line 182

Thanks,
somaraju
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Error while validating Aggregator

Post by somu_june »

Hi Meena,

My design is in this format
seqfile.................lookup (db2table)..............transformer..........seqfile1
...............................................................................................seqfile2
Price(char15).........................................................................aggstage1
currency(char3)....................................................................aggstage2

In aggregate stage 1 . Iam finding number of records by aggregation type = count Rows and grouping by currecy (here currecy value = 'IND')
Its working fine. when Iam using aggregate stage2 that is aggregation type = calculate and grouping by same currency and when Iam performing sum out columm (sum(price)). Iam getting an above mentioned error.

Thanks,
Somaraju
somaraju