Message handler

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

amsh76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Message handler

Post by amsh76 »

If the warning are handled, using message Handler in One Environment will it create warnings in the new environment when you move your jobs?

I tried once, and I got the warnings in the new environment..is there anything specific one needs to do ?
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Message handler

Post by sanjay »

warnings again u need to set in new environment. its not part of design . its a part of director . so u need to set again.

Sanjay

amsh76 wrote:If the warning are handled, using message Handler in One Environment will it create warnings in the new environment when you move your jobs?

I tried once, and I got the warnings in the new environment..is there anything specific one needs to do ?
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Message Handlers are not part of .dsx . You can migrate all the message handlers from one environment to another. All the message handlers are stored under Ascential/DataStage/MsgHandlers folder as text file. You can copy this across different project and make it consistent.

Regards
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sanjay »

Hi Siva
thanks for update . i was not knowing it get physically stored.

Sanjay
rasi wrote:Message Handlers are not part of .dsx . You can migrate all the message handlers from one environment to another. All the message handlers are stored under Ascential/DataStage/MsgHandlers folder as text file. You can copy this across different project and make it consistent.

Regards
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Know more about message handler from vincent. :roll:
-Kumar
alisoviejo
Participant

Post by alisoviejo »

Does each job create on Message Handler ? I can test this, but do not have the access yet !
ALISO
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Hi

After creating message handler you can use it for individual jobs. Go to the job properties and choose a message handler to be included in your job. The list will show you all the message handlers currently defined in your project. The message handler gets compiled with the job and becomes part of its executable.

Read vincent message handler he had covered the topic in detail
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

It is not really required to include indivudially in each job while the option exist in project wide. Gather all the message to be handled in to a single file (Message Handler) and enable the same in DS Adminstrator under the Parallel tab for each project.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'