Server Shared Containeer With Hash file in PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server Shared Containeer With Hash file in PX

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

I want to use Hash File in Px . I constructed server shared Container with Hash File in it . Iam connecting two input links from two transformers to Server Shared Containeer. When Iam opening a Hash File inside Server Shared Container I couldnot find any input page in hash file and I can see only stage page in Hash file. Can any one guide me how to use Hash File in PX.

Thanks,
Somaraju
somaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you validated the link names across the shared container's boundaries? You will need a server Transformer stage within the server shared container to perform the actual lookup - a server shared container containing just a Hashed File stage will not work properly in a parallel job. You probably also need to investigate at least link public caching, if not system caching, in order for the hashed file to work properly with multiple data streams.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Ray,

Iam not using Hash file for Lookup. Actually I want to use Hash file Stage in PX ,so that I can write output from two transformers in PX to the Hash file. Iam having only Hash file with out any links in server SharedContainer so I couldnot validate the links. Please correct me if Iam wrong.

Thanks,
somaraju
somaraju
itsme_rp
Participant

Re: Server Shared Containeer With Hash file in PX

Post by itsme_rp »

Hi Somu,
U have to use Funnel Stage to merge two outputs before Shared container.
I hope this will work

Ramprasad.
somu_june wrote:Hi,

I want to use Hash File in Px . I constructed server shared Container with Hash File in it . Iam connecting two input links from two transformers to Server Shared Containeer. When Iam opening a Hash File inside Server Shared Container I couldnot find any input page in hash file and I can see only stage page in Hash file. Can any one guide me how to use Hash File in PX.

Thanks,
Somaraju
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Ram,

My actual requirement is I want to write number of records and total price value of all records to a output from transformer stage. when Iam writing to a Dataset from a transformer then Iam getting count for each and every record. I want total count (total number of records and total price value ) as one record I want to write last record only saying total number of records and total price value not every record to the output . If I can use hash file I can achieve it . Or is there any option

Thanks,
Somaraju
somaraju
itsme_rp
Participant

Post by itsme_rp »

Hi Srinu,

As per your requirement u have to write a hash file from two inputs.
For that please use Funnel stage in between your transformers and Shared container which contains hash file. This way you can join two outputs into one to write it to shared container.

Ramprasad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Funnel stage to bring the streams together and Aggregator stage to do the total. Don't be scared off - the Aggregator stage in parallel jobs is much more robust than its server job counterpart.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Ray,

Iam want to Use Hash File inside a server shared containeer. the hash file inside the shared containeer has no links so I couldnot validate the link names. I read your post It says I need to have server transformer also inside containeer. But in documentation they mentioned I can use server stages in parallel extender then how can I use Hash file stage as plugin in px . Please correct me if Iam wrong and guide me how to achieve lookup using hash file in Px.

Thanks,
Somaraju
somaraju
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sanjay »

Hi Somaraju

use just Aggregator stage with output in dataset (parallel job) dont go for hash file or shared container.

Sanjay

somu_june wrote:Hi Ray,

Iam want to Use Hash File inside a server shared containeer. the hash file inside the shared containeer has no links so I couldnot validate the link names. I read your post It says I need to have server transformer also inside containeer. But in documentation they mentioned I can use server stages in parallel extender then how can I use Hash file stage as plugin in px . Please correct me if Iam wrong and guide me how to achieve lookup using hash file in Px.

Thanks,
Somaraju
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Sanjay,

I dont want to aggregate any thing . I want to lookup DB2 table with Hash file.
How can I do this by using hash file in server shared containeer. If I got you wrong please correct me

Thanks,
Somaraju
somaraju
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sanjay »

Hi
if u are just doing lookup why u require hash file shared containeer with in parallel job u can use dataset or lookup fileset for lookup

Sanjay
somu_june wrote:Hi Sanjay,

I dont want to aggregate any thing . I want to lookup DB2 table with Hash file.
How can I do this by using hash file in server shared containeer. If I got you wrong please correct me

Thanks,
Somaraju