About Availabality of CRC32 in PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

About Availabality of CRC32 in PX

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

I want to know wether there is a function called CRC32 available in PX. I have a requirement like this in stage variable in transformer I have to calculate duplicate records with CRC32 and I have to assaign to other variable TotRejRec = If Dupcheck = 'Y' Then TotalRejRec+1 Else TotRejRec. In functions in pX ...... there is no conversion option . In server I found the function CRC32 under functions .... conversion....CRC32 . can any one help me how to use CRC32 in Px and where can I found that function

thanks,
Somaraju
somaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not available out of the box. The technology is well-known - do a Google search and create a parallel routine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Ray,

Can you tell me in detail what to search in google and also can you tell me what I have to do in parallel routine to achieve CRC32 function

Thanks,
Somaraju
somaraju
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

<sarcasm=on>
Ray, the google search of "crc32 c++ function" returned over 81,000 pages to me. I think that is too much. Could you help me and Somaraju out? Please write (and of course debug) the parallel routine and post it here for us?
<sarcasm=off>

Somaraju,

the CRC32 algorithm is not only available in many libraries, but the C++ code is written in many places, including thousands of pages available through a google or yahoo! search. The method of writing c++ code for DataStage parallel extender is documented.

If you were to try to write a CRC32 function for Parallel extender and encounter problems in either the coding or the embedding there are many here who would help and assist you. But asking someone else to do this for you without having researched the matter is not going to get you much help from experts such as Ray.
shawn_ramsey
Participant

Post by shawn_ramsey »

You can always ask IBM to develop it, assuming that you have a support contract with IBM.
Shawn Ramsey

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
-- Douglas Adams
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could ask one of the professionals here to develop it, in exchange for money - probably for less than IBM would ask.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shawn_ramsey
Participant

Post by shawn_ramsey »

ray.wurlod wrote:You could ask one of the professionals here to develop it, in exchange for money - probably for less than IBM would ask.
I am thinking about the rest of us. :)
Shawn Ramsey

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
-- Douglas Adams
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Ray,

Iam a poor consultant. I can't pay you or IBM. Any how thanks for the forum for being so help full in solving my other problems in PX.

Thanks,
Somaraju.
somaraju
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sanjay »

use change capture stage if change_code is 3 then rej +1 change_code is 1 then rej

Thanks
Sanjay