where is job log stored?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

djoni
Participant

where is job log stored?

Post by djoni »

In which directory is job log stored?
What's the name of the job log file?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Job logs are not stored as UNIX files; they are part of UniVerse hashed tables. Access to the log information is through the visual information presented in the Director, using a routine such as the DSGetLogInfo() call in BASIC or through the UNIX command "dsjob", which has several options to help you list log file information.
djoni
Participant

Post by djoni »

ArndW wrote:Job logs are not stored as UNIX files; they are part of UniVerse hashed tables. Access to the log information is through the visual information presented in the Director, using a routine such as the DSGetLogInfo() call in BASIC or through the UNIX command "dsjob", which has several options to help you list log file information.
Yes. I have seen the log in the Director. Thanks.

Which manuals cover dsjob?
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

djoni wrote:
ArndW wrote:Job logs are not stored as UNIX files; they are part of UniVerse hashed tables. Access to the log information is through the visual information presented in the Director, using a routine such as the DSGetLogInfo() call in BASIC or through the UNIX command "dsjob", which has several options to help you list log file information.
Yes. I have seen the log in the Director. Thanks.

The Server Programming guide has the info about dsjob

Thanks,
RK
RK
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Do a search for RT_LOG.
Mamu Kim
djoni
Participant

Post by djoni »

g_rkrish wrote:
djoni wrote: Yes. I have seen the log in the Director. Thanks.

The Server Programming guide has the info about dsjob

Thanks,
RK

Yes! I found it. Thank you. It's in the Server Job Developer's Guide, Chapter 19 starting page 139, Section 'Command Line Interface'.
djoni
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's also in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide, which you are more likely to have open if you're designing parallel jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
djoni
Participant

Post by djoni »

ray.wurlod wrote:It's also in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide, which you are more likely to have open if you're designing parallel jobs.
Even better. But, I guess you meant Parallel Job ADVANCED Developer's Guide.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Currently I'm working on a 7.0 site - no Advanced manual.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.