Error in logging on the Project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error in logging on the Project

Post by dsusr »

Hi,

We are having two different groups of users 'usrgp1' and 'usrgp2' and have two different projects 'usrproj1' and 'usrproj2'. We want that only the users of usrgrp1 have access to usrproj1 and usrgrp2 have access to usrproj2.

We have tried all the options that are given in all related posts but the issue here is if we make the group of dsadm as secondary group to all the users then they have the permissions to all the projects which we dont want.

Following are the steps which we have taken:-

1) Give permission of DataStage developer to usrgrp1 on usrproj1 and vice versa of usrgrup2.
2) Change the project directory permissions by using the command chmod g+s <projdir> on Unix.
3) Change the permissions of D_DS_LICENSE and DS_LICENSE file to 777.
4) Assign dsadm user a member of both the groups so that it have the write permissions to the project directory on Linux.

But even after doing this if we try to login on project usrproj1 with usrgrp1 user it throws the following error:-

Error calling subroutine: DSR_PROJECT (Action=17); check DataStage is set up correctly in project usrproj1
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

Please let me know what additional we need to do.

Thanks,
dsusr
LewisC
Participant

Re: Error in logging on the Project

Post by LewisC »

I am getting this exact same error. Has anyone found the problem?

Thanks,

LewisC
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make sure both groups of users have their umask set to 002.
Run DS.REINDEX ALL on the project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Does it allow you to login through dsadm id?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Mamu Kim
LewisC
Participant

Post by LewisC »

Thanks. Everyone else was able to login. I'm new and was not able to. It appears I am not in the dstage group.

Thanks everyone!

LewisC