Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddyds
Participant

Sequence

Post by reddyds »

Hi

If I HAVE 16 jobs in Sequence if any jobs aborts in between if i want to start the sequence from that point how to go abt that.

regards
Reddy
bsreenu
Participant

Sequence

Post by bsreenu »

Which version of DS you are using? In DS 7.5 this feature is available.
In the sequencer job, go to properties and check the box for "Add checkpoints so sequence is restatable on failure". I believe this feature is available from DS 7.5, not before.
reddyds
Participant

Re: Sequence

Post by reddyds »

bsreenu wrote:Which version of DS you are using? In DS 7.5 this feature is available.
In the sequencer job, go to properties and check the box for "Add checkpoints so sequence is restatable on failure". I believe this feature is available from DS 7.5, not before.
R U SURE IF WE USE THIS OPTION ONLY FROM THE JOB THAT ABORTS FROM THAT THE SEQUENCE WILL START.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

HI,

This option is used in sequence level. Hence if you mark it, it holds good for all the jobs in the sequence.
And more over, loud voice wont fetch more information. :wink:

-Kumar
reddyds
Participant

By mistake CAPS LOCK was enabled

Post by reddyds »

kumar_s wrote:HI,

This option is used in sequence level. Hence if you mark it, it holds good for all the jobs in the sequence.
And more over, loud voice wont fetch more information. :wink:

-Kumar
So u mean to say that if i put add checks points and restartable on failure

that means if there are 5 jobs and job 3 fails if we start the sequence again it starts from job 3 isnt..pls let me know,..
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Reddy,

Yes you are correct. If the nth job is aborted, the sequence will restart at the point where the chekpoit is saved.
If you reset your sequence and rerun, it will run from the scratch.
So you can avoid the pain of recompiling.
If you Select the option of Reset if Required and Rerun under the execution option to the calling job,
it wont be even necessary for you to reset the underlying called job for every run if it gets aborted.
Documentation is available for your reference.

-Kumar