"null_field" length (0) Warning Messages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

"null_field" length (0) Warning Messages

Post by ccatania »

I have been getting the following warning message:

When validating export schema: At field "CNT_RCDS": "null_field" length (0) must match field's fixed width (11) [impexp/group_comp.C:4225]

I did put the following in for each field but the warning is still being generated any thoughts on how I can eliminate this warning.

IF (Len(Trim(LNK_Write_PurRcmdSprtData.CNT_RCDS))=0) Then 0 Else LNK_Write_PurRcmdSprtData.CNT_RCDS

Thanks,
Charlie
Charlie
kwwilliams
Participant

Re: "null_field" length (0) Warning Messages

Post by kwwilliams »

Without knowing anything else about your job, I am going to take a shot in the dark. I've seen two things cause this error, one was a bug with the Oracle stage and the way it was handling binary data when updating then inserting. You probably don't have a binary data type as your key field. The other place I saw this was when performing an upsert into the database and the metadata for my columns was not set quite right for my database setup. In your column metadata check to see if the extended porperty is set to Unicode. If it is change it to blank and then try your job again.

If it's not either of these things you might want to post some more details about your job.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
What is the datatype.
Have you given Nullabalbe field value to 0.
The value you check is it an fixed length.
If so try giving eleven 0's.

-Kumar
ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ccatania »

I resolved this issue, the problem was due to the way the Source fields are definded in the COBOL copybook, where I am sources from using IBM's IICF product.

I Converted the S999v99 fields in DS to be Double(5) and any S9(6), were converted to Integer.

I am writing to a Sequential file so no Transform to check LEN of the field to handle NUll was required.

The process worked with no warning messages.

thanks for your input...
Charlie