LOAD FROM STAGING TO REPOSITORY

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddyds
Participant

LOAD FROM STAGING TO REPOSITORY

Post by reddyds »

Hi

I am loding data from Sap and loading to Staging area oracle tables after than my client is picking up data on daily basis but how do i notify to the client that my datastage job for loading the data to staging is complete can any one hlp me on this.

Regards
Srikanth R
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Srikanth,

You can try using the Email Notificaion option.
Search for the same, you can get many results.

-Kumar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Srikanth,

the correct way to answering this question would be to ask the customer how he/she wants the notification - most likely it will be be easy to make DataStage do this. The e-mail solution was menioned by the previous poster, but there are other methods as well.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

By "client" do you mean "customer" or "PC"? If the former, then email (a Notification activity in the controlling job sequence) is the ideal mechanism. If the latter, then notification is right there in Director.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
reddyds
Participant

LOAD DATA FROM STAGING TO REPOSOTORY

Post by reddyds »

ray.wurlod wrote:By "client" do you mean "customer" or "PC"? If the former, then email (a Notification activity in the controlling job sequence) is the ideal mechanism. If the latter, then notification is right there in Director.
Hi Ray

Thanx for the Info what did u mean by then notification is right there in Director.[/quote] can u explain this

Regrads
Reddy
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the load is managed in a DataStage job, and has finished, then that job's log will have a "job finished" event.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.