Lookup is not perform.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

avi2kus
Participant

Lookup is not perform.

Post by avi2kus »

i am Ravi.

My problem is very simple. In my object Lookup is not happen. In my object they gave one condition. that is CABNT-ATBEZ=ZZCOLOR_ZZ-ATBEZ, here CABNT and ZZCOLOR are the source tables , Lookup is not happen.
Ravikumar.Palagiri
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

The Lookup stage has specific requirements, in that you need to have set up the Key property for the lookup to occur (and, possibly, whether to perform the lookup at all).

Can you draw an ASCII picture of your job design so we have a clearer idea of what you are trying to achieve? For example

Code: Select all

Oracle  (CABNT)
                         |
                         V
    Oracle  ------->  Lookup  ----->  Peek
  (ZZCOLOR)
Can the join be performed in the database, so you don't need to do it in DataStage at all?

Please tell us also how you have set the properties in the Lookup stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Do a view data on the source and lookup tables and copy and paste key fields to notepad, look for extra padding or funny characters as these can prevent lookups from working.