Warning in Funnel stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

koolnitz
Participant

Warning in Funnel stage

Post by koolnitz »

Hi,

In many of my jobs, I get a warning in Funnel stage in a random basis. i.e. in any job any time, this warning is thrown:

Warning: fnl_IdDoc: When checking operator: Dropping "id_doc_type" in transfer from "inRec" to "outRec".

When I compile such jobs again and run, the warning disappears.

Is this a known problem with Funnel stage? We are sure that the logic implemented in the jobs are correct, as it runs without complaining most of the times. We have opened a case with Ascential support team, and yet to hear from them.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Nitin Jain | India

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does this happen during design, during compilation or when the job is run?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
koolnitz
Participant

Post by koolnitz »

This happens when we run the jobs. No compilation error.
Nitin Jain | India

rajpatel
Participant

Post by rajpatel »

Please check all input of funnel and make sure the name /type and lenght should be match . something is not matching correctly in both input.
koolnitz
Participant

Post by koolnitz »

Thanks Raj, but as I mentioned earlier that we are pretty sure that all the mappings are correct and most of the times the jobs run without any warning.
We have two environment available -- In one env, it comes once in a bluemoon, but in the other one, it comes very often. That too for different jobs at different times.

We run our jobs using Unix script, which in turns kicks off the DS job sequence.

Can it be something related to environmental settings?
Nitin Jain | India

ameyvaidya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ameyvaidya »

koolnitz wrote:Thanks Raj, but as I mentioned earlier that we are pretty sure that all the mappings are correct and most of the times the jobs run without any warning.
As far as I know, this warning should be consistent(atleast for the same input data).

Anyways the below has always workd for me:

If RCP is on for this Job/Project, switch RCP OFF at all inputs of a funnel stage.
Amey Vaidya<i>
I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand.</i>
<i>- Douglas Adams</i>
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

Did you get this resolved? Was it RCP?

IBM advised us when we were having issues with a funnel, not only to make sure that all of the columns on each input was presnet, but to also make sure that all of the columns are in the correct order. One way to ensure that would be to save your first links metadata and then go to each subsequent link delete the metadata and load it from the first link's saved metadata.
koolnitz
Participant

Post by koolnitz »

Still getting those warnings..

We have the same set of jobs in two different environments, viz DEV and UAT. In both places, RCP is disabled at project level. In DEV, we get warnings in a couple of jobs while in UAT it troubles us in around 20 jobs, though the project in UAT is just a full import of DEV project. All the properties are exactly same.

Is there anything related to environment setting?

In one of my jobs, I have used a Filter stage and a Row Generator before the Funnel (which throws warning). As suggested by Amey, I looked for an option to disable the RCP at stage level. But couldn't find any option in these preceding stages.

Can anyone help me out searching for this option in the stages?

Thanks!
Nitin Jain | India

madhukar
Participant

Re: Warning in Funnel stage

Post by madhukar »

u will get RCP option in output/columns page
ameyvaidya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ameyvaidya »

Hi Nitin,
If RCp is disabled at the project level... it usually is disabled at the job level..

Anyways the RCP off check box is usually found at the output of any stage at the left bottom corner of the column definitions page.

For transformers and lookups, the RCP is in the output(/?general?) page of the stage properties window.

IHTH
Amey Vaidya<i>
I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand.</i>
<i>- Douglas Adams</i>