Sequentail file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

meena
Participant

Sequentail file

Post by meena »

Hi ,
I have few rows going to sequential file from the transformer stage in a job. In all rows 20 rows are getting rejected at the sequential file. I do not want to rejected those 20 rows were I want to see them with the remaining rows. Is there any way I can we all rows without rejections.

Thank You
Meena
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You will need to tell us why these rows are getting rejected before anyone can come up with suggestions for you.
reachthiru
Participant

Post by reachthiru »

Hi,

I am assuming that those 20 records are being rejected due to NULL value in some columns and there is no NULL handling routines. If so, what you can do is, use the function NullToValue() to set some value.
With regards,
Thiru
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is only one reason that rows are rejected by a Sequential File stage in a parallel job: the data in the row does not match the metadata as specified for the output link in its schema.

Create a rejects link and capture them by setting the rejected rows property to Output. This will allow you to see which rows were rejected. You can compare them to the schema and figure out how to remedy the situation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi
I wrote a stage variable to handle the null values by using IsNull and NulltoValue functions. Right now my rows are not getting rejected, the total number of rows are imported into the sequential file. And I got new problem in this job. Before I ask the question, I like to explain my job and what I am doing.
I have

[/code][/list]
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi
I wrote a stage variable to handle the null values by using IsNull and NulltoValue functions. Right now my rows are not getting rejected, the total number of rows are imported into the sequential file. And I got new problem in this job. Before I ask the question, I like to explain my job and what I am doing.
I have two stages joined to join stage(full outer join), One is sequential file, which is a rejected file from other job and other is a oracle stage.This two stages are joined and passed through the transfomer and in transformer I used few stage variables for null handling and finally I am connecting this to a sequential file.
here even after importing all rows into the sequential file I am not able view the data of the sequential1(source) in the target sequential file.
while i am able view all rows from other source rows in the sequential file.

Any help.
Thanks a lot
Meena
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi All,
I got the required output.

Thanks a lot
Meena