Cofigaration File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jayantthakore
Participant

Cofigaration File

Post by jayantthakore »

Hi,
Can anyone provide me information on how to read a Cofig File .Some link or some material on that.Plus i would like to know more on the following Configuration: processing nodes, node pools, resources, resource pools
regards,
Jayant S Thakore
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The Parallel Job Developer's Guide chapter titled The Parallel Engine Configuration File is a really good place to start.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The only thing that Chapter doesn't cover well - it's elsewhere in the manual - it how node pools and disk pools are used.

A stage can be restricted to operate on fewer nodes than are specified in the configuration file, by specifying that that stage will executed in a node pool. For example, you may have a DB2 table with four partitions. In a six node configuration file you may specify a four node DB2 node pool so that you can most accurately stream data into each partition of the table.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.