DS Job Warnings Removal

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Salegueule
Participant

DS Job Warnings Removal

Post by Salegueule »

Hi,

Is there a way that we can have Data Stage to avoid generating Warning messages?

I am calling a Data Stage job from a shell script in a loop sequence in order to validate the format of submitted files from the client. When a file is not compliant with the format we expect, my script takes care of not processing these files but DS generates these warning messages automaticly. I do not want them. Any switch I can use to avoid these warning messages?

Our production support group does not allow us to have any warning messages in a production job.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can use message handlers to either suppress or demote warning messages to informational.

These are set up within the DataStage environment. The easiest way is to right mouse click on the warning itself, then choose to create a message handler from the pop-up menu.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
The other option would be to edit you Return Code(RC). Check for both the cases and maintain a same RC.
So that it can considired as the expected one by Datastage by the Custom Conditional.

-Kumar