Problem in reading a seqfile in px

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem in reading a seqfile in px

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

Iam new to this datastage . Iam having jobs in server and some jobs are running slowly. I want to develop those jobs in px. When Iam trying to read a data from sequential stage in px iam getting an error which says

Error Executing View data command
## E TOIX 15:53:21 (003) <seq_file 18> unable to initialize the importer.

In server job in seqfile stage
Line termination is given as unix style (LF) and in format tab i gave it as
Fixed with columns, first line is column name, missing columns action (pad with sql null) and Suppress row truncation warning. Its working fine but in parallel I have a problem.

In parallel in properties I gave
Read method = specific file(s) in options I gave first line is column name =TRUE and remaining options I kept as default
In format tab : I gave Record delimiter = unix newline, record length = fixed and in Field defaults I gave Delimiter = whitespace and all are defaults

Please help me in getting out of this problem

Regards,
Somaraju
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Usualy this means you didn't define your seq stage with proper file definition to the relevant file you try to read.

Go over the docs on seq file (the EE Docs naturaly)

By the way reading all columns as Varchar type, since your reading from a seq file might also help resolving some issues.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,

How about the settings under Format-->Feild Defaults-->Delimiter and Quote.
Make sure final delimeter suits your file.
As roy suggested, give the first try as varchar for the whole length of the record and try to view the data.

-Kumar
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem in seq file reading

Post by somu_june »

Hi Roy,

Happy NewYear. Thanks for your reply.I have gone through the documentation and I also tried by making all columns
as Varchar but Iam getting the same problem.
somaraju
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hi Kumar

Post by somu_june »

Hi Kumar,

Happy NewYear. I tried different options in format - record level - final delimiter= whitespace and in field defaults i gave delimiter = none and quote = single. I got my data .

Thanks guys for your help . Thanks kumar
somaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please describe the file (rather than what you're attempting to set in DataStage). Is it delimited or fixed width? Are character strings quoted or unquoted? Have you imported its table definition? If so, did you Load from that into both the Format and Columns tabs in your job design?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.