source code for KeyMgtResetValue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

battleboy1
Participant

source code for KeyMgtResetValue

Post by battleboy1 »

HI,

Can anyone post the source code for keymgtresetvalue coz i dont have it in the routines in my manager. and also please list the arguments. if that kind of routine does not exist can some one post how to reset the sdk sequences. i tried

UPDATE SDKSequences USING DICT VOC SET F1='0' WHERE @ID='SEQ_NAME';

in the administrator command window.

but its not working. may be syntax or quotes. can some one correct the above line.

thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Battleboy,

could you perhaps expand on "It's not working", perhaps with an error message?
The command should work unless the SDKSequences hashed file does not exist or the user executing the command doesn't have sufficient access rights.
battleboy1
Participant

Post by battleboy1 »

it just hangs
battleboy1
Participant

Post by battleboy1 »

i am on developer privileges. but is the command in right syntax. am i missing quotes or need double quotes? would be great of you if you could post the source code for keymgtresetvalue.

thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If it "hangs" then the record is locked by another process. While in the TCL environment do a "LIST.READU EVERY" and see if the there are any locks on the file's inode (you can see the inodes for SDKSequences in the project directory by doing a "ls -i" command.
Perhaps you did an cntrl-c or even a kill -9 earlier on some process that was calling this routine?
battleboy1
Participant

Post by battleboy1 »

i am working on windows. but i want to write a routine based on the keymgtresetvalue routine. can you help?

thanks
battleboy1
Participant

Post by battleboy1 »

i dont remeber doing a ctrl-c. tell me this thing. i should be executing the command from admin command window right? if yes then i tried from there. there are no locks as i checked.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

there are locks, this is the only reason that an UPDATE command will not return. Try doing a "fuser -fux SDKSequences" to see which processes have that file open. I bet you it will be more than 1.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Even just try

Code: Select all

SELECT @ID, F1 FROM SDKSequences USING DICT VOC;
Queries are not affected by row level locks, so you will at least determine that the SDKSequences hashed file exists and is not corrupted.
There is no routine called KeyMgtResetValue supplied with DataStage. The only routines for key management are in the sdk\KeyMgt category of the Routines branch. KeyMgtResetvalue is a routine postulated on this forum - perhaps you could search for it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.