Whom should I contact

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravij
Premium Member
Premium Member

Whom should I contact

Post by ravij »

Hi,

How should I contact the Vendor or Datastage regarding some doubts which r not solved in Dsxchange Forum? And give their mail id plz.

Any help can be appreciated.
thanks in advance
RK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We can not give your vendor's email address, since we don't know from whom you purchased DataStage.

There is no generic DataStage email address. You might like to try the "Contact Us" link at the Ascential web site - note that this will be subsumed into IBM fairly soon.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ravij
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ravij »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for ur reply. But how can I get the reply for my doubt?

thnaks
Ravi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Ravij,

if you purchased DataStage from Ascential/IBM or a distributor with a service agreement then you need to contact them with your questions. Part of what you or your organisation pay goes to financing the support organization. Depending upon the level of support you have opted for you will get varying levels of response times.

I you did not buy DataStage then you will not have a support provider and you are not entitled to support. You might post your questions in this forum, but most responders will at some point realize that you don't have a valid license and stop replying.

Most DataStage installations have a central person who is responsible for contacting the support organization; in your case you should find out who that is for your project.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
Most of the top posters in this forum contibute to ADN.
You have very less chance to find the resolution in ADN which is left unanswered in this forum. (Unless you have premium support :wink: ).

-Kumar
rkdatastage
Participant

Post by rkdatastage »

Hi DSXchange is a supportive environment where you will find TOP Knowledge Guru's and supportive paticipants who will answer your Querys.I hope most of the developers had resolved their problems through Knowledge sharing Persons who are members of this Forum.

Its better to post your querys under Particular Group so that you will find the Tips or Solutions from the participants in short span of Time.

Its purely my suggestion and i had developed my knowledge from this fourm.

I am Thankful to the Site Owner as well as Effective Participants.

RK
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

I took the time to review every post made by the questioner. Some of the questions were answered within minutes of posting. Others were answered in a lively discussion from multiple sources giving different opinions. Only one question went unanswered, which dealt with Viewing Data using the Merge stage (answer is available in the manual if one is wondering why it's greyed out, but it takes even less time to just think about why there is no data to view on this ACTIVE stage, hint).

The repeating theme is that the questioner is not really reading the manuals, and he/she is also learning DataStage.

My impression is that in this one posters experience, they've gotten answers faster and more complete and at a great price. The only issue is maybe their questions are not framed correctly, or that they are under the idea that Ascential/IBM will walk them thru their questions without them paying for training.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle